Brexit Info

If you are conducting any shipping transaction between European Union and the UK (in or out) it is likely that you will need to provide additional Customs declaration information, such as your EORI number and commodity codes, or HS codes (for product classification - this allows a more accurate description of your products than descriptions that can be vague).

In this guide, we outline the changes you may see following Brexit and how you can start to gather information straight away to ensure you are prepared.

Good news: It's still quick and easy to book shipments between EU and the UK.

You may need to fill in a commercial or pro-forma invoice. This is a customs declaration which allows your parcel to pass through borders between countries. A commercial invoice is needed when your parcel contains items which have a commercial value, whereas a pro-forma invoice is needed when sending gifts or personal belongings.

The commercial or pro-forma invoice is used by customs officials so it is important that you complete the booking form accurately in order to avoid delays.

Summing up:

- You will be requested an EORI number

- Ensure product classification with accurate and detailed descriptions, matching the commodity code

- Ensure correct contact details for both parties