We recommend keeping product variations to a minimum, for example if your product comes in different sizes and colours we recommend to list each colour as a separate item with multiple size options. Why do this?
- The more listings you have on your page the higher the reach to buyers as products will appear numerous times in search results
- Products will be easier for you to manage when tracking stock
- Research shows our buyers like to spot all variations from the listing page such as the different colours a product may be available for purchase
When you don’t have different images for different variations (e.g. size variations):
- Select Edit on the product you wish to add variations
- Under Product type: choose Variable
- Attributes: choose what the variations are (e.g. size, colour, fragrance)
- Enter text: specify the options available for the product (e.g. XS, S, 50×50)
- Select Generate Variations
Now you have created the variations, just open each variation to add pricing and lastly make sure to Save Variations.